Here’s a basic recipe for making Berry Tiramisu Icebox Cake:
- 1 pound (about 450g) mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.), washed and sliced if needed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (about 225g) mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (optional)
- 1 package ladyfinger cookies
The recipe you provided sounds absolutely delicious! The addition of fresh berries and fruit liqueur brings a delightful summery twist to the classic Tiramisu, making it a perfect treat for hot Southern summer days. Here’s the step-by-step breakdown of the directions:
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped strawberries, fresh raspberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Let the mixture stand at room temperature for about 1 hour, allowing the flavors to meld and the fruit to release its juices.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with plastic wrap. Coat the sides of the pan with cooking spray and line the sides with a 3-inch-wide strip of parchment paper, which will help with easy removal later. Set the prepared pan aside.
- Drain the berry mixture over a shallow bowl, reserving the juice. Measure the juice (you should have about 1/2 cup) and add the fruit-flavored liqueur or orange juice to the measuring cup to make a total of 2/3 cup of liquid. This berry-infused liquid will be used to soak the ladyfinger cookies.
- In a large bowl, place the mascarpone cheese and beat it briefly with an electric mixer on low speed to loosen it up. Then, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and kosher salt. Beat the mixture on medium-high speed until medium peaks form, which should take about 2 minutes. Be sure to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to ensure everything is well incorporated.
- Dip one ladyfinger at a time into the berry liquid for about 3 seconds, making sure it absorbs some of the liquid. Place the soaked ladyfingers in the prepared springform pan, repeating the process until you have created a solid layer of ladyfingers. If necessary, break the ladyfingers to fit them snugly in the pan.
- Evenly cover the layer of ladyfingers with half of the drained berries (about 2 cups) and then spread half of the mascarpone whipped cream (about 3 cups) over the berries.
- Repeat the layering process with another layer of soaked ladyfingers, berries, and mascarpone whipped cream.
- Cover the springform pan tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate the icebox cake until it becomes firm, which should take around 4 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve the dessert, remove the sides of the springform pan and peel away the parchment paper. Carefully transfer the icebox cake to a serving platter using a large spatula or cake lifter.
- Garnish the cake with additional strawberries and raspberries for a beautiful and appetizing presentation.
- Finally, slice and serve the Berry Tiramisu Icebox Cake immediately, and enjoy this delightful and refreshing summertime dessert!
With its luscious combination of creamy mascarpone, juicy berries, and flavorful liqueur, this dessert is sure to be a hit at any gathering or as a sweet ending to a delicious meal.
Absolutely! The Berry Tiramisu Icebox Cake sounds like the perfect dessert to impress guests at any gathering or to treat yourself and your loved ones to a delightful sweet ending after a delicious meal. The creamy mascarpone, fresh and juicy berries, and the touch of fruit liqueur create a wonderful balance of flavors that’s both rich and refreshing, making it an ideal treat for hot summer days or any occasion when you want something light and delicious.
This dessert not only looks stunning with the layers of ladyfingers, berries, and mascarpone whipped cream, but it also offers a symphony of tastes and textures that will leave everyone craving for more. The beauty of this recipe is that it’s no-bake, so you can easily prepare it in advance and let it chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. The longer it chills, the more the flavors will meld together, making it even more delectable.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, a family gathering, or simply want to treat yourself to a special dessert, the Berry Tiramisu Icebox Cake is sure to be a showstopper. Its summery twist on the classic Tiramisu makes it a dessert that’s perfect for warm weather, and the addition of fresh berries adds a burst of color and freshness to the dish.
So go ahead and give this recipe a try! Your guests and taste buds will thank you for this delightful and indulgent dessert that’s both elegant and easy to make. Enjoy!