Smoked Paprika Chicken Thighs: A Flavorful and Easy Baked Chicken Dish
If you’re looking for a simple yet incredibly flavorful chicken dish, Smoked Paprika Chicken Thighs are the perfect choice. This recipe takes bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and elevates them with a tantalizing blend of smoky, spicy, and aromatic seasonings. The combination of smoked paprika, ancho chile powder, garlic, turmeric, and black pepper creates a mouthwatering flavor profile that will leave you craving more.
Here’s how to make this delicious dish:
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon ancho chile powder (or substitute with regular chili powder)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- In a large resealable storage bag, combine the smoked paprika, granulated garlic, ancho chile powder (or regular chili powder), salt, turmeric, and black pepper. Add the olive oil and cider vinegar to the bag and mix everything together to form a marinade.
- Place the chicken thighs into the bag with the marinade. Reseal the bag, and massage the seasoning mix into the chicken thighs, ensuring that they are well coated. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Once the chicken has marinated, take it out of the bag and place it in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle the melted butter over the chicken thighs to add richness and enhance the flavor.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for approximately 40 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the skin becomes crispy and golden. During baking, occasionally brush the chicken with the pan drippings to keep it moist and flavorful.
- To ensure that the chicken is fully cooked, insert an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of a thigh. It should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), indicating that the chicken is safe to eat.
- For those who love extra crispy skin, you can place the chicken under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes at the end of the baking time. This step will add a delightful crunch to the skin without overcooking the meat.
- Once the chicken is perfectly cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- For a final touch, garnish the Smoked Paprika Chicken Thighs with minced fresh parsley, if desired. This adds a pop of color and freshness to the dish.
Serve the Smoked Paprika Chicken Thighs alongside your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a crisp green salad. This flavorful chicken dish is sure to become a family favorite and will impress anyone lucky enough to enjoy it. Enjoy the smoky, spiced goodness of these chicken thighs that offer a taste experience like no other.
Serve these delectable Roasted Smoky Chicken Thighs with a refreshing cucumber salad or aromatic garlic rice to complement the rich and smoky flavors. The result is a satisfying and delightful meal that captures the essence of grilled chicken, all cooked to perfection in the comfort of your kitchen.
Whether it’s a weeknight dinner or a special occasion, these Roasted Smoky Chicken Thighs will surely become a favorite go-to recipe for their incredible flavor and easy preparation. Enjoy the tantalizing taste of smokiness that will transport you to the outdoor grill, all within the convenience of your home oven.